FMX Fire Fighting Truck
Volvo Trucks knows that safety is paramount for emergency services, who operate in busy residential streets and high-traffic urban environments – so our new trucks feature Volvo’s world-class safety and technological innovations, including emergency braking.
The Volvo FMX
At 18 tonnes the Volvo FMX is an ideal medium pumper, for working in suburban and metropolitan areas. With a high-tech 12 Speed I-Shift transmission, matched to the legendary Volvo D11K engine. The FMX is the ultimate fire-fighting partner.
- Supported by the largest dealership network in Australia and New Zealand
- Crew cab with capacity for up to 8 people
- Crew cab designed to ECE R29 standards
- Easy access and exit from cab due to low height, wide doors & staircase style steps
- Volvo D11K with 330 horsepower, gives you excellent acceleration and agility
- Custom emergency services specifications from factory
- Latest generation disc braking with Volvo Braking System (EBS) and traction control
- Class leading safety systems including crash mitigation, and lane departure warning
- Volvo Dynamic Steering
- Volvo Body Builder Interface to allow easy connection between truck and body